Launching a new website is an exciting milestone for any business. However, amidst the excitement, it is crucial not to overlook a critical aspect: optimising the website for search engines before going live. Failure to do so can result in the loss of hard-earned Google rankings, which can significantly impact your online visibility and organic traffic. In this blog, we emphasise the importance of optimising your new website and highlight the potential consequences if this crucial step is neglected.
- Preserve Your Google Rankings: Your existing website may have gained valuable rankings on search engine results pages (SERPs) over time. However, without proper optimisation of your new website, you risk losing these rankings overnight. To prevent this, it is essential to ensure that your new website is search engine-friendly and aligned with SEO best practices.
- Prioritise On-Page SEO Elements: Before going live with your new website, conduct a thorough review of on-page SEO elements. Pay close attention to optimising meta titles, descriptions, header tags, URLs, and image alt text. Implementing relevant keywords, creating unique and compelling content, and ensuring proper internal linking can significantly impact your website’s search visibility and user experience.
- Redirect Old URLs: When launching a new website, URLs may change or be restructured. Failing to redirect the old URLs to their corresponding new pages can result in a high number of broken links and negatively impact user experience. Implementing proper 301 redirects will not only maintain the user journey but also preserve your previous search rankings and authority.
- Mobile Responsiveness and Page Speed: In today’s mobile-centric world, optimising your website for mobile devices is paramount. Ensure that your new website is fully responsive, providing an optimal browsing experience across various screen sizes. Additionally, prioritise optimising page speed by compressing images, minifying code, and leveraging caching techniques. A fast-loading website not only improves user experience but also contributes to higher search engine rankings.
- Conduct a Competitor Analysis: A competitor analysis is a valuable exercise that provides insights into how Google perceives your website compared to your competitors. Before going live, conduct a thorough analysis of your competitors’ SEO strategies, keyword rankings, backlink profiles, and overall online presence. This analysis will help identify areas for improvement, refine your SEO approach, and stay ahead of the competition.
Optimising your new website before going live is a crucial step that should not be overlooked. Failing to do so can result in the loss of Google rankings, which can have a significant impact on your online visibility and organic traffic. By prioritising on-page SEO elements, redirecting old URLs, ensuring mobile responsiveness, and conducting a competitor analysis, you set the stage for a successful website launch and continued search engine success.
To ensure your new website is fully optimised and ready for success, partner with Concept Designs and Marketing. Our expert team combines SEO best practices, industry insights, and a meticulous approach to help businesses thrive in the digital landscape.